Sunday, May 30, 2010

Not my usual style....

Ok, those that know me will say there is nothing "cutesie" about me.  I can be brash, abrasive and loud.  Friends suggested that no one would come to a cardmaking site if it was called "The Brash Stamper" or the "The Abrasive Cardmaker", hence the name I finally settled on for my blog.

But I found these great little stamps from a company called "Cookie Crumbles".  This version is "Tilly" and she is really sweet.  The sayings are pretty cute...there, I've said it.  Cute.  This card is a result of Tilly's "cuteness".
Used Versafine Black ink and inked Tilly and coloured her with distress ink black and a waterbrush; coloured her horn, hooves and udder with a Y003 copic.  Flowers and grass tufts coloured with Marvy markers.  Fence posts were made from a die that makes a whole long line of picket fence which I just snipped off two pieces and pressed over a woodgrain stamp that I inked with distress ink Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy.  Then I took 28 gauge wire and wrapped it around the posts to make the barbwire.  I stamped the cow and the big flower again on scrap cardstock and coloured them separately, then cut them both out so I could pop them up - just because.  Actually, in my brain, I thought it would look like her little head was hanging over the fence if I popped it up and the flower might appear that it was poking through the wire but it didn't work out that way.  (I admit it, I just like popping stuff up!)

Here's an up close and personal look at the saying.  Pretty cute huh?  Ok, I'll stop it now.
This is a very cute Goose.  She's from Penny Black's set of the 12 days of Christmas. I just used the "7 Geese A'Laying| image.  Then I paired it with a sentiment that I found somewhere - sorry, don't know who made it, but it came with a few other cheeky sayings.  The background stamp is Chicken Wire from Frogs Whiskers and stamped with Antique Linen.  I distressed the edges of the image cardstock and the pumpkin cardstock and inked them with Brushed Corduroy.  I used a brown marvy pen and dotted the ground under the goose and coloured her egss with a white gel pen.  The awning is pumpkin cardstock, edged with the scallop die from Papertrey Ink and inked with Snow Ink from Papertrey Ink and the the small polka dot stamp from same.  White embossing powder makes the dots pop.  I also have a small little stamp that has duck feet which I stamped all over the big pumpkin cardstock in |Antique Linen for the background.  Skinny black ribbon over the awning.  Again, I used a brown Marvy marker to make the dirt dots under her feet and added tufts of grass with a green Marvy marker.  I took my inspiration from a chicken card Anna made but I can't find it on her blog..she's an amazing artist.   Also, an animal lover and I love her blog posts!
This last one was because I was exhausted from dreaming up and putting these two other cards together and it appealed to my sense of humour.  Both images are in the Cookie Crumbles "Tilly" set too.  Used Scattered Straw Distress Ink for the hay bale and then coloured it with a waterbrush from the Scattered Straw and Antique Linen ink pads.  Quick and Dirty.  (I wound up cutting it down to a smaller card as there was way too much white above it.  The card measures 4x4).

Sorry it is so blurry....I changed the settings on the camera and now can't get anything in focus.  Fed up.  Will tackle it tomorrow when I post more cards.  Thank you so much for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think....?

3 comments:

  1. These are just TOO cute for words! I love them - BUNCHES! Can't WAIT to come to your house and make a few (hundred) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little duck footprints in the back of the Goose one. Cutest, subtle touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now these are some fun cards! Love your style. Thank you for joining us at CAS-tastic this week!

    ReplyDelete